The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is seeking a passionate, energetic and talented communications intern to join our team and help us deliver on our mission to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy. The intern role will involve supporting efforts around web content development, event promotion, social media management, earned media outreach and industry collaboration.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and speaking skills, the ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Interns will report to the Vice President of Communications and the Communications Manager and will spend approximately 50% of their time on a research project of their choice. Candidates should be working towards a major in marketing, communications, public relations, political science or similar fields. Interest or background in clean energy trends, renewable energy policy, project finance or advocacy is a plus.
- Draft, edit and/or proofread a wide variety of written content (e.g., press releases, PowerPoint presentations, factsheets, newsletters, reports, issue briefs, executive quotes, key messages)
- Draft and schedule content for ACORE’s social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Create shareable graphics using Canva and/or Adobe Spark
- Assist with maintenance and management of content on ACORE.org and three event microsites
- Help to collect and analyze data from the organization’s communications efforts, including earned media coverage, website analytics, email marketing reports and social media metrics
- Update media lists, speaking and event calendars, and team project management dashboard
- Support event promotion strategies for signature conferences and other key ACORE events
- Attend and report on industry events and/or hearings on behalf of the organization
- Prepare for and participate in weekly team meetings to learn about best practices in integrated communications and membership organization marketing
- Perform other administrative tasks and miscellaneous duties as assigned (e.g., research journalists, data collection renewable energy issues)
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a professional environment
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Solid writing skills, including familiarity with Associated Press style
- Ability to work independently, multitask and take ownership over projects and assignments
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in renewable energy policy and finance
- Familiarity with social media channels
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Visual/graphic communications experience preferred, but not required
How to Apply:
You are invited to apply for the internship program by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, tell us why you want work in the renewable energy industry and what you would gain from an ACORE communications internship.