Aside from transmission and storage infrastructure build out, financing of renewable energy has been a global hurdle. As many countries start to emerge from the global recession, financing mechanisms on the regional, state/provincial and federal levels have provided case studies on how to sustainably fund projects.
As a result, the American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE), in collaboration with REN21, Masdar and a number of supporting organizations, held the the Official Side Event on Renewable Energy Finance at ADIREC 2013, convening key global financiers and developers together to discuss several projects underway and the financing structures in place to ensure sustainable expansion of energy assets across the MENA region. The event was held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center's Capital Suite 10 from 12:00PM-1:30PM on January 15th, 2013. The roundtable discussion reviewed MENA projects underway, the financing structures in place to ensure sustainable growth across the region, and partnership and project development opportunities that could be replicated globally.
Presenting companies included: Citigroup, Masdar, Schneider Electric, and many others.
To view the Side Event agenda, click here.
- Michael Eckhart, Managing Director, Corporate and Investment Banking, Citigroup
- Mohamed Al Ramahi, Chief Financial Officer, Masdar
- Shihab Kuran, Chairman, Sanabelle & Founder, Petra Solar - View Presentation
- Ahmed Sfar, Vice President, Infrastructure Business, UAE & Oman, Schneider Electric - View Presentation
- Nikolai Dobrott, Managing Director, Apricum - View Presentation
- Mustapha Taoumi, KMTC Directorate Regional Programme Officer : North Africa & West Asia, IRENA - View Presentation
- Michael Liebreich, Founder & CEO, Bloomberg New Energy Finance - View Presentation
Thank you to our Supporting Organizations