"Navigating Today's Challenges to Reach Tomorrow's Opportunities:
Expanding the Market for Renewable Transportation"
July 17, 2012 | Marriott Metro Center hotel | Washington, D.C.
|8:30-8:45 AM ||WELCOME |
|8:45-9:05 AM || |
- Victor M. Mendez, Federal Highway Administrator, United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
|9:05-10:35 AM || |
PANEL 1: THE STATE OF THE MARKET FOR ALTERNATIVE VEHICLES AND RENEWABLE FUELS
Panel 1 will bring together experts from across the renewable transportation and fuels sector to share the state of their respective industries. Additionally, panelists will discuss common success and identify roadblocks to expanding the renewable transportation market.
- Andrew Jack, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP - Moderator
- Catherine Dunwoody, Executive Director, California Fuel Cell Partnership
- Douglas A. Durante, Executive Director, Clean Fuels Development Coalition
- William Chernicoff, Manager, Energy & Environmental Research, Toyota Motors North America Inc.
- Daniel R. Frakes, Manager, Vehicle, Fuels & Advanced Technology Policy, General Motors
|10:35-10:50 AM ||REFRESHMENT BREAK |
|10:50-12:05 PM || |
PANEL 2: THE BUSINESS TAKE: CHALLENGES FACED AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR COLLABORATION
Panel 2 will bring together business leaders from across the spectrum of size, mode of transportation, and energy source to provide insight into the challenges that companies face in servicing the market and providing scalable solutions which enable the new, renewable technologies. Panelists will also discuss how collaboration between companies of varying size and different industries will be both required and beneficial.
|12:05-1:35 PM ||LUNCH |
|1:35-1:55 PM || |
|1:55-3:10 PM || |
PANEL 3: FINANCING THE FUTURE: BARRIERS TO LENDING IN THE RENEWABLE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR
Panel 3 will convene leaders in the financial sector to provide insight into lender expectation for financing renewable transportation projects. Panelists will explore common pitfalls and barriers to financing these deals.
- Michael Zimmer, Counsel, Thompson Hine LLP - Moderator
- Cindy Thyfault, Founder & CEO, Westar Trade Resources
- Mark J Riedy, Partner, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky And Popeo, PC
- Scott Sarazen, Global Cleantech Markets Leader, Ernst & Young
- Nick Sangermano, Managing Director, Ambata Capital Partners
|3:10-3:25 PM ||REFRESHMENT BREAK |
|3:25-4:40 PM || |
PANEL 4: THE SALES PITCH: SELLING YOUR PRODUCT TO CONSUMERS, THE MEDIA, AND SKEPTICS
Panel 4 will serve as a discussion amongst transportation experts in the media and the non-profit sector to help attendees better understand how to manage public perception, educate consumers, and handle media relations in order to sell market-ready products to a skeptical market.
- Brian Wynne, President, Electric Drive Transportation Association - Moderator
- Warren Brown, Columnist, The Washington Post
- John Siciliano, Managing Editor, Clean Energy Report
- Keith Johnson, Staff Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
- Peter Gardett, Managing Editor, AOL Energy
|5:00-6:30 PM ||NETWORKING RECEPTION |