ACORE is conducting regional outreach throughout the country to further mobilize our member thought-leaders on federal, state and regional energy planning and public policy, and to provide a new channel for peer collaboration.
Renewable resources in the U.S. are not aligned according to state boundaries. Policy guiding use of renewable energy is set at the Federal, state and local levels of government, however, while renewable energy solutions are better suited to geographic regions. In recognition of this and as part of member engagement on renewable energy policy, ACORE is conducting regional outreach throughout the country to further mobilize our member thought leaders on federal, state and regional energy planning and public policy, and to provide a new channel for peer collaboration.
The Country in Regions
The mission of ACORE's Regional Outreach Program is to mobilize member thought leaders to help identify and develop regional renewable energy strategies and to identify the regional policy and financing structure best suited to support those strategies. ACORE members meet in five regions around the country (see map) to fulfill the objectives and outcomes outlined below. The Regional Outreach Program will serve as a key component in ACORE's ongoing work to expand and strengthen the renewable energy economy.
- Bring together useful information on local, state and regional policies and programs.
- Support innovation and the harmonization of policies at the regional level.
- Provide a forum for ACORE members to share their issues of concern, challenges and opportunities.
- Bring the views of ACORE members more effectively back to Washington.
- Expand and deepen education about renewable energy resources and technologies.
- Help expand ACORE membership.
- Advance renewable energy economies at the regional level.
For more information about the Regional Roundtables and how to become involved, please contact:
Corporate Relations Associate