October 15, 2015
REFF-West Media Contacts:
Kevin Haley, ACORE
firstname.lastname@example.org; (202) 777-7584
Travis Small, Rasky Baerlein
email@example.com; (617) 391-9654
ACORE’s Renewable Energy Finance Forum-West (REFF-West) to Chart Path for Innovative Financing for Shifting Renewables Market
Exploring subjects including corporate procurement, the water-energy nexus and the yieldco churn, REFF-West brings together industry and government leaders to map the future of renewable energy in the West
WHAT: REFF-West, the premier renewable energy financing event in the western U.S., will take place November 5th & 6th in San Francisco, CA. California is far and away the trendsetter for the rest of the country in renewable energy development, and this year’s REFF-West will examine a range of new challenges and opportunities as the clean tech industry redefines the energy business across America.
Specific topics for discussion include:
- Corporate Purchasing and New Players – Companies like Facebook, Google and Amazon are moving aggressively into low-cost renewables, through REC purchasing, power-purchase agreements, and even though asset ownership. At REFF-West, ACORE is convening top Fortune 500 businesses to discuss their strategies for clean energy in the corporate space.
- The Water-Energy Nexus – Coming off a crippling drought in California, the renewable energy industry can contribute to improved efficiencies through reduced water usage for power generation, clean power for desalination and lower costs related to the monetization of water security. The CPUC will feature on this exclusive REFF-West panel.
- Yieldco Churn and the State of RE Finance – Yieldcos have driven rapid growth, but are they a sustainable model for the entire industry? Will the capital markets accept a maturing renewables sector with more traditional financing formats? This year’s REFF-West has more banking perspectives than ever before to address these key issues.
WHO: Speakers include:
- Angelina Galiteva, Board of Governors, California Independent System Operator
- Brian Carey, US Cleantech Advisory Leader, PwC
- Catherine Sandoval, Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission
- David Danielson, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Mateo Jaramillo, Director of Tesla Energy, Tesla Motors
- Mike Eckhart, Managing Director, Global Head of Environmental Finance and Sustainability, Citigroup
You can review the conference agenda on the REFF-West website.
WHEN: November 5-6, 2015
WHERE: The Four Seasons, San Francisco, CA
TO REGISTER: Please contact Kevin Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-777-7584
REFF-West is the premier West Coast renewable energy finance event, uniting senior financiers, investors, and renewable energy executives from across the country since 2008.
With a focus on renewable energy development in the western U.S., REFF-West will highlight financing trends for renewable power, clean technologies, and transportation; assess the future of federal and state policy and the role of financing innovations; identify early-stage investment opportunities; and discuss the region’s role in the international renewable energy marketplace. The conference also offers unparalleled networking opportunities, allowing you to meet senior representatives from both the energy and financial sectors. More at http://www.reffwest.com
ACORE, a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization, is dedicated to building a secure and prosperous America with clean, renewable energy. ACORE seeks to advance renewable energy through finance, policy, technology, and market development and is concentrating its member focus in 2015 on National Defense & Security, Power Generation & Infrastructure, and Transportation. Additional information is available at www.acore.org
About Euromoney Seminars:
Euromoney Seminars hosts over 80 events across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Renowned for the seniority of the audiences and quality of the debates, Euromoney Seminars offer the perfect mix of market insists and networking. With a focus on finance and investment, our diverse range of conferences address deal making and thought leadership in energy, infrastructure and aviation among other sectors. For more, visit www.euromoneyseminars.com